» Materiały » Tongue Twisters
Wszyscy znamy nasz swojski 'stół z powyłamywanymi nogami' i 'po suszy szosa sucha.
W angielskim są też takie łamacze języka, dla nas zwłaszcza trudne - wymowa angielska sprawia nam często problemy.
Read these twisters fast, the will really twist your tongue.
Try to translate some of them...
Try to translate some of them...
- Big black bug bit a big black bear. But where is the big black bear that the big black bug bit?
- A big black bug bit a big black bear and made the big black bear bleed blood.
- A big bug bit the little beetle but the little beetle bit the big bug back.
- A box of biscuits, A box of mixed biscuits, And a biscuit mixer.
- A flea and a fly in a flue were imprisoned. So what could they do? Said the fly, "Let us flee". Said the flea, "Let us fly". So they flew through a flaw in the flue.
- A loyal warrior will rarely worry why we rule.
- A nurse anesthetist unearthed a nest. A rough-coated, dough-faced, thoughtful ploughman strode through the streets of Scarborough; After falling into a slough, he coughed and hiccoughed.
- A skunk sat on a stump. The stump thought the skunk stunk. The skunk thought the stump stunk . What stunk the skunk or the stump?
- A tutor who tooted the flute, tried to tutor two tooters to toot. Said the two to the tutor, 'Is it harder to toot or to tutor two tooters to toot?'
- Aly ate an apple after Adam ate an Ape
- Andy ran from the Andes to the Indes in his undies.
- Any noise annoys an oyster but a noisy noise annoys an oyster more.
- Betty bought some butter, but the butter Betty bought was bitter, so Betty bought some better butter, and the better butter Betty bought was better than the bitter butter Betty bought before!
- Betty bought some bitter butter and it made her batter bitter, so Betty bought some better butter to make her bitter batter better.
- Blue glue gun, green glue gun...
- Bob boxed big blue berries on new bleached beach blankets!
- Brianna's baby brother Blaine bought big blue bunches of blueberries.
- Can you imagine an imaginary menagerie manager imagining managing an imaginary menagerie?
- Daddy draws doors. Daddy draws doors. Daddy draws doors.
- Don't spring on the inner-spring this spring or there will be an offspring next spring.
- Double bubble gum bubbles double.
- Ed Nott was shot and Sam Shott was not. So it is better to be Shott that Nott. Some say Nott was not shot. But Shott says he shot Nott. Either the shot Shott shot at Nott was not shot, or Nott was shot. If the shot Shott shot shot Nott, Nott was shot. But if the shot Shott shot shot Shott, then Shott was shot, not Nott. However, the shot Shot shot shot not Shott - but Nott. So, Ed Nott was shot and that's hot! Is it not?
- Extinct insects' instincts, extant insects' instincts.
- Five fat friars frying flat fish.
- Freaky Frank's friend Francis eats three foot fruit while Freaky Frank's friend Franchesca prefers frozen french fried frogs.
- How many cans can a canner can, if a canner can can cans? A canner can can as many cans as a canner can, if a canner can can cans.
- How many yaks could a yak pack pack if a yak pack could pack yaks?
- How much wood could a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood? A woodchuck could chuck as much wood as a woodchuck would chuck,iIf a woodchuck could chuck wood.
- I am not the pheasant plucker, I'm the pheasant plucker's mate. I am only plucking pheasants Cos the pheasant plucker's running late.
- I'm not the fig plucker, Nor the fig pluckers' son, But I'll pluck figs Till the fig plucker comes.
- I slit a sheet, a sheet I slit, and on that slitted sheet I sit.
- If a black bug bleeds black blood, what color blood does a blue bug bleed?
- If Freaky Fred Found Fifty Feet of Fruit and Fed Forty Feet to his Friend Frank how many Feet of Fruit did
- King Thistle stuck a thousand thistles in the thistle of his thumb. A thousand thistles King Thistle stuck in the thistle of his thumb. If King Thistle stuck a thousand thistles in the thistle of his thumb, How many thistles did King Thistle stick in the thistle of his thumb?
- Larry Hurley, a burly squirrel hurler, hurled a furry squirrel through a curly grill.
- Mallory's hourly salary. Mandy Marie Mason Makes Marvelous Minnie - Mouse Muffins Meter maid Mary married manly Matthew Marcus Mayo, a moody male mailman moving mostly metered mail.
- One black beetle bled only black blood, the other black beetle bled blue.
- Patty Paterson planned to peel potatoes in Peru
- Pepperoni pizza on a pink pattern plate with parley on the side to your pleasure.
- Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers, a peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked. If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers, where's the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?
- Picky people pick Peter Pan Peanut Butter. Peter Pan Peanut is the peanut picky people pick.
- Ray Rag ran across a rough road. Across a rough road Ray Rag ran. Where is the rough road Ray Rag ran across?
- Red lorry Yellow lorry Red lorry Yellow lorry Red lorry Yellow lorry...
- Red Riding Hood and Robin Hood ride right through the river.
- Richard's wretched ratchet wrench.
- She brews a proper cup of coffee in a copper coffee pot.
- She sees seas slapping shores.
- She sells seashells by the seashore. The seashells she sells are seashells she is sure.
- She shuts the Shop Shutters So the Shopping Shoppers can't Shop.
- Sister Susie sew suits for the soldiers. Sister Suzie sewing shirts for soldiers Such skill as sewing shirts Our shy young sister Suzie shows Some soldiers send epistles Say they'd rather sleep in thistles Than the saucy, soft short shirts for soldiers Sister Suzie sews.
- Six sick sea-serpents swam the seven seas.
- The batter with the butter is the batter that is better!
- The big black bug's blood ran blue.
- The two toed turkey towed two tubs of tea. Where is the tea the two towed turkey towed? Tossed in the tunnel where the key can protent it from the tounge of the tea tasting toad.
- There is too much space between AUNT and AND and AND and ANT!
- There was a little witch which switched from Chichester to Ipswich. There was a young man called Fisher who was fishing for fish in a fissure. Then a cod with a grin, pulled the fisherman in. Now they're searching the fissure for Fisher.
- Theophilus Thadeus Thistledown, the succesful thistle-sifter, while sifting a sieve-full of unsifted thistles, thrust three thousand thistles through the thick of his thumb. Now, if Theophilus Thadeus Thistledown, the succesful thistle-sifter, thrust three thousand thistles through the thick of his thumb, see that thou, while sifting a sieve-full of unsifted thistles, thrust not three thousand thistles through the thick of thy thumb.
- Two witches bought two wrist watches, But which witch wore which wrist watch?
- Whether the weather is hot. Whether the weather is cold. Whether the weather is either or not. It is whether we like it or not.
- While we were walking, we were watching window washers wash Washington's windows with warm washing water.